frequently asked questions
Here is a list covering some of the more commonly asked questions. If you can't find your answer below, please contact me with your enquiry.
Open All Close All
- How to order :
- There are directions for purchasing at the very bottom of each listing. You can either click on the link that takes you to my Etsy Store, where you can checkout securely and easily through Etsy. Or alternatively, you can click on the link to email me with the item number you wish to purchase and your postcode (so I can determine the shipping cost), and I will email you an invoice in return with all the details.
- Accepted payment methods :
- Through Etsy, I can accept a variety of different payment methods, including credit card and Paypal. For email orders, I accept payment via PayPal.
- All about postage :
- Postage within Australia is FREE and includes Tracking and Signature on Delivery (so please keep this in mind when advising your address).
For orders from outside Australia, please visit my Etsy store where you can easily find out the postage prices for each listing. Or email me with your order and location, and I'll be happy to get back to you with a quote.
- Gift wrapping and packaging :
- All my packaging is sustainable, biodegradable and/or recycled : all my pieces are presented in a Karmic Star gift box, made from recycled cardboard that is lovingly hand-stamped and folded by me, and wrapped with biodegradable jute ribbons.
- About my process :
- I adore creating with gemstones, and infuse each piece I make with love and positivity. Creating is a sacred process to me - one that I pour my heart and soul into. Once completed, each piece is cleansed with Water, smudged with incense (Air), bathed in sunlight (Fire), and spends time on my altar to ground (Earth). It is then charged under the light of a Full Moon before being released into the world to find its new keeper.
- About my Sterling Silver :
- The Sterling Silver wire that I use is 100% recycled, manufactured by a local company who have the most up-to-date and eco-friendly production methods available.
- Why I oxidise :
- You may have noticed that I oxidise all of my Sterling Silver jewellery : I do this because I absolutely love the depth and character that it gives to my pieces, and also because I want my jewellery to stand the test of time. All Sterling Silver jewellery will tarnish, it's a natural process, but I used to get so disappointed to see my shiny silver pieces turning dull grey. By adding patina, the eventual dulling on the polished high-points of each piece is less noticeable (and can be revived with a quick wipe of a jewellery cloth). And the more you wear your Karmic Star treasure, the more it will become part of you - it will get shinier where it touches your skin.
- Karmic Star in the virtual and real world :
- Well, you've already found my virtual gallery here, so feel free to browse through the pages, and please email me if you have any queries.
I have an Etsy store to make purchasing easier, so please click here to be taken directly to my shop.
I also have a facebook page, which I would love for you to 'like' so I can keep you updated with new pieces as they are made, and general news and views from the Karmic Star universe.
I love Instagram - if you're on there and would like to follow me, search for @karmic_star
I attend various markets and events around Canberra during the year, so to keep up-to-date with happenings, check my Notices page here on the website, or 'like' my Karmic Star page on facebook for all the news!
I have an exclusive selection of my Pendants available at Let's Be Natural, the fantastic health and wellbeing store at Mawson Shops in Canberra. These Pendants all feature Australian stones that have been hand-cut and polished by Mike and myself, and are then individually encased in my signature recycled Sterling Silver settings. For all the details, please see the "At Let's Be Natural" photo album on my Karmic Star Facebook page, and be sure to contact the store to check availability.
If you are in the glorious Blue Mountains region of New South Wales, be sure to visit Talisman Gallery at Little Hartley Historic Village. Ron Fitzpatrick makes inspired metal art, and I am honoured to have a few of my Handcrafted Pendants available in his Gallery alongside his amazing works. For more information about Ron and Talisman Gallery, visit his website.
- Jewellery care tips :
- All my treasures arrive in your hands lovingly enclosed in a Karmic Star gift box, and I recommend they be stored in there for protection from possible damage when not being worn.
Metal components in all jewellery will tarnish over time - it's a natural process of oxidisation (see "Why I oxidise" above). While some people's natural body oils can speed up tarnishing, (and there's nothing that can be done about that), what can be avoided is using body creams and perfume with your jewellery. Avoid spraying perfume directly on your jewellery (find other parts of your body to spray it on!), and try to leave as much time as possible between applying your body cream and putting your jewellery on - make it the last thing you put on before you leave the house. I also recommend that your treasures not be worn while swimming or exercising.
Keep these tips in mind, and you will be able to enjoy your jewellery for years to come!